community

Here's the .pdf, .mp3, and .sib (Sibelius 6) files for a transcription of the piano part to 'Pounding the Pavement' from 'Mombasa Streets' on the Halo 3: ODST soundtrack.

It's not 100% perfect, especially the chords in measures 6 and 28.

If anyone wants one, I could put together a percussion transcription.
As for the Alto part, it's essentially a solo over a concert Gb, I believe.

Enjoy, and let me know what you think!

platform: 
topic: 

There's nothing really new here, but Shacknews picked up on a mention of beta testers for Destiny in Bungie's blog and spun it into a story.

category: 
game: 
topic: 

A very happy Bungie Day to all Bungiefen everywhere. Bungie doesn't have anything posted at their site yet, but go ahead and enjoy their Bungie Day Eve Mailsack until then.

category: 
topic: 

This is Action Figure Hands from Halo Wars OST.

The .rar file contains a .midi and a .pdf.

Arranged by Mortenkul at yourube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLrh9NUFeD4

He improvised in the video, but the imrpovised chords are not in the sheets.

If you have problems opening the .rar file, just post a comment.

Difficulty for the average pianist is 3/10

game: 
platform: 
Requests: 
topic: 

This is Leonidas Returns from the Halo 3 OST.

It´s the last track on the song called Three Gates.

Credits to Davin Eastman for the orchestal arrangement and roddypatooty for post and twesks.

Te rar file contains a MIDI and a pdf.

The difficulty for me is 6/10 in a 85% of the song, and 8/10 in the other 15%.

NOTE:
If you have problems with the rar file try using 7-zip or WinRAR to open it.

game: 
platform: 
Requests: 
topic: 

A transcription of the song played on the 'Press Start' screen on Halo: Waypoint. The song is a remix of the track 'Work Burns and Runaway Grunts' from Halo Wars.

ZIP file contains:
- MuseScore file
- MIDI file
- PDF file

game: 
platform: 
Requests: 
topic: 

This is my transcription of Ghosts and Glass from Halo: Reach OST.

It was arranged by Genesis Bacani (gbacani on youtube). I made some changes to his version according to a piano only .mp3 file at B.net.

But take in count that this is my first transcription ever, so it may not be perfect, feel free to revise it.

This ZIP file contains a PDF and a MIDI.

EDIT:

platform: 
Requests: 
topic: 

Not to go unnoticed in the glow of Bungie's 20th anniversary ViDoc, the MariusNet community-run Myth multiplayer server is celebrating its tenth anniversary on August 6th.

category: 
game: 
platform: 

Bungie has posted its 20th anniversary ViDoc, O Brave New World.

category: 
game: 

Between June 23 and Bungie Day 2011 on July 7, Bungie will be bidding a fond farewell to Halo, celebrating their 20th anniversary and-- wait for it-- revealing Bungie Aerospace:

Because we're going to tell you, in explicit detail, exactly what Bungie Aerospace is all about.

Lots of other celebratory stuff going on, so be sure to check out Urk's post for all the details.

topic: 
Yes
75% (191 votes)
No
6% (14 votes)
Undecided
19% (48 votes)
Total votes: 253
Taxonomy upgrade extras: 

Rockslider says he was inspired by the Rampancy podcast episode on the Halo 3 level, Floodgate (part one, part two) to go back and write a detailed commentary on his own playthrough at Bad Cyborg.

category: 
game: 
platform: 

From Marius.net comes the rather unexpected news that a new, native port of Myth II v1.7.2 is coming to Linux, produced by ProjectMagma. It scores over the older port produced by Loki Software in that it is intended to be network compatible with the existing Windows and OS X versions currently available.

For those interested in helping beta test it, check out this forum thread.

game: 
platform: 
topic: 

Blackstar and Narcogen take a look through the second playable level of Halo: Reach, in which you may go left, or you may go right, but either way, you end up backtracking and then going inside before it starts raining Covenant corvettes.

category: 
File Format: 
Movies: 
platform: 
topic: 

The Tain has posted Myth II 1.7.2b2 in several flavors: Windows, Mac Universal, and Mac PowerPC. It's not an installer, just the application itself, so you need to have Myth II 1.7.1 already installed. For the terminally curious, there's a changelog.

category: 
game: 
platform: 
topic: 

Pages